A little history – Long ago, dentistry was performed by barbers, country doctors and anyone with crude tools and a strong stomach. Back then, the only choices were to pull teeth when they hurt and make dentures once too many teeth were missing. Little knowledge existed about what caused tooth decay or tooth loss and no knowledge of proper oral health and dental care existed.
Today, advancements in technology and professional dentistry techniques, offer advanced solutions to preserving your natural teeth and maintaining healthy gums. A skilled dental professional can virtually create the smile of your dreams. Regular dental checkups, partnered with the practice of good oral hygiene, can improve your quality of life, prevent serious illness and keep a brilliant smile throughout your life.
These Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) were created to educate, inform and guide individuals of all ages in maintaining optimal dental health. It will cover most topics that patients should know about. It will also outline the importance of seeking professional dental help to establish and maintain healthy teeth and gums for life.
Helpful links for more information
- Canadian Dental Association – www.cda-adc.ca
- Dental Information for all ages – www.simplyteeth.com
- Dental information – www.dentistry.about.com
- Dentistry Canada Fund – www.dcf-fdc.ca
- Health Canada Dental Information – http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/hl-vs/iyh-vsv/diseases-maladies/gum-gingivales-eng.php
- American Academy of Periodontology – www.perio.org